Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Child Mysteries - Volume 1

Often a child will mutter something so off the wall and random that I'm left thinking, "What? I wonder were that came from..." Always strange and usually comical, I'm left laughing most of the time. Here are a few of the gems, some are solved mysteries and some are still left up for interpretation:

1. I need my cheese blanket.

Oh the Infamous Cheese Blanket. It is one of Gabriel's bedtime requirements. This one, I inadvertently named one day about a year ago. We were eating chips with cheese sauce (delicious fake pump cheese) and somehow he got his blanket covered in the stuff. I told him we would have to take away his "cheesy blanket" and wash it for the night. The next night, he said, "Is my cheese blanket clean yet?" And it has been known as that ever since.

2. A darnie on me! A darnie on you! (Gabriel pokes at himself and others while saying this.)

I have no idea...

3. I'm not Gabriel, I'm Green TV!

What?! Green TV?! This one took me a while to figure out. After watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, they have a preview on for the next show thats coming on and where is it previewed in? - a lime-green Mickey Mouse Head Shape with a TV screen in the middle of it - OK Bud, you're a green TV.

4. Can I feel your hands, Dr. Bargen?

After she awkwardly said "yes," I figured it out. "Oh.. yeah, he remembers that you said 'sorry for my cold hands' last time we were here (six months ago). He is probably trying to see if your hands are cold."

5. Old T-Whistle! (Gabriel in a sing-song voice)

Not sure on this one either...

More to come, stay tuned!

No comments: