Thursday, May 6, 2010

Peescapades

Dog. Cat. Dog. Cat. Dog? Cat? Dog?! Cat?!

I wish I knew which one did it, so I can give 'em the kiss of death. Perhaps I need to back track a little...

The day started out as any other regular day. I got up and got the kids' milk ready. I went in their room and told them they could get up. It was 7:15 AM. I started to feed Logan and Josh let the dog out of his kennel. The cat was meowing and the kids were drinking their milk and being rambunctious. I finished feeding the baby and got up to let the dog outside. It was 7:30AM.

I held the baby and checked my email. I turned on some morning cartoons for Krista and Gabriel and they began enjoying Super Why. I got up and changed Logan's diaper and got Gabriel dressed because he wanted to go outside. I laid Logan down on his floor play mat and helped Gabriel go outside to play. It was 8:15AM.

Logan became fussy and I picked him up. His back was wet and so was the floor mat. A feeling of dread crept over me as I looked in horror at what was covering my child. Animal Urine. Yellow, Smelly, Disgusting. I was disgusted.

I gave Logan a bath. It was 8:25AM.

Now, I don't know who the culprit is, but these are the facts:
-The dog was let out of the kennel by Josh before I normally let him out. Thus, he had to wait to go outside (as I fed the baby) and was running around the living room and had to pee.
-The cat was suspiciously laying by the pee stain when the baby was laying on the floor mat. This makes me think she did NOT do the crime or why would she lay right by the evidence? Although, cats are known to be sly.

I'm 90% sure it was the dog, but I don't know if I'll ever know for sure. I just don't want it to happen again, ever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bad doggie, Ansel...baaaaaaaaaaaad doggie. Nana is so diappointed! You should have peed on Papas leg instead!

no...wait...Baaaaaaaaad Papa...you should have let Ansel out immediately...he can't hold it forever locked in that crate! Bad, bad papa!
Love, Nana

Tina said...

I told Josh to read my blog to see what happened to me and before he read he said, "I can already tell I did something wrong..."

Anonymous said...

good answer Josh...take it like a man! Now remember when Ansel was a cute little puppy...you knew to take him out often because his bladder was so small and he wasn't disciplined...but he still has limits on how long he can wait. I think he thought if he had to go...maybe that mat was like laying newspaper down for him or maybe he smelled a faint hint of baby pee on it? Therefore, smart doggie Ansel!