Saturday, January 15, 2011

Slow Down

My daughter is growing up much too fast. An almost 5 year old now, she has lost her first two teeth and is halfway through her preschool year. Not only that, her "favorite" friend at school is a BOY.

We have a chart on our refrigerator, where she can earn "plus marks" and if she gets enough, she earns a movie night. With her last movie night, she invited her cousin, Kaitlyn over for a slumber party. She just earned enough pluses for another movie night and...

Krista: I want to have a slumber party with Trevor!
Me: Trevor... from school?
K: Yes, and I want us to watch that movie with the dogs (Alpha and Omega).
M: But, honey, Trevor's a boy (stating the obvious, as if she didn't know).
K: I know he's a boy and I don't care. I don't care if he's a boy, I want him to have a sleepover with me.
M: You'll have to talk to Papa...

And so it begins....

1 comment:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Love your blog.
Have a nice day!