Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Princess Magic

I asked Krista what birthday "theme" she wanted this year and she quickly responded that she wanted a castle cake with princesses on it. Well we kind of did that with our own little spin it - at least as best as my "non-crafty" self could.

I sketched out a rough drawing of a castle with spires. I've seen other cakes using ice cream cones and I modified them a bit to make them a little cuter.

We had some left over cake batter, so I whipped it up into some jumbo size cherry muffins.

Finally, the cake is complete.. not precisely my vision, but pretty good for a non-professional.

And the birthday girl loved it and that's what matters the most.

She HAD to dress up in the theme of her party, of course.

I posted some additional pictures of our party here and a video of her blowing out her 5 candles here.

Now, the day after the party - she is sitting and enjoying her gifts and is proud that "today I am 5!"

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love it!! The sugar cones are my favorite.

Jen Craun said...

oh my goodness, LOVE those sugar cones...would be a fabulous Christmas tree also, in green sprinkles...looks like a lovely fun party! FIVE!!! Hooray!!