Saturday, April 14, 2012

Luck of the Red Panda

I'm not sure why I didn't post about this before, but during the last zoo "season" I won a Facebook competition from our local Lincoln Children's Zoo. They asked how many lbs of biscuits they feed the Red Panda every year. I don't remember what I guessed, but I did use a mathematical algorithm that I made up - and I won! I got a special "back stage" pass to the Red Panda exhibit, where we got to go hand feed the panda inside the exhibit. The Red Panda's are all adorableness and fluffy.




Anyhow, that brings us to the current week. The zoo featured more Facebook contests and one of the days featured a question on how many lbs of sugar cane the Red Panda's and Tree Kangaroo's eat in a year. Again, my mathematical genius of a mind (haha) came up with a guess algorithm and surprise, I got it the closest!  I never knew I was an expert in all things Red Panda! This year, I won a free premium animal adoption through the zoo. The family chose to adopt the White Handed Gibbons, always a favorite to watch. I'm not sure what we will get with this, but I know it entails free train passes and a meet and greet with the keeper. How exciting for the Hatchell's who LOVE the zoo!!

No comments: