Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mr. Manners & The Fish

This summer, Krista rediscovered her absolute love for swimming. She is taking 2/week swim classes and spending entire mornings/afternoons in the awesome pool handed down to us. She wants to be in the water constantly. She is getting over her hesitations and I see less and less of her little head above water as she wants to actually swim!

Gabriel is not quite there yet. He took a parent/child class and did well, but has far too much fear to complete the child alone classes. Even in the small pool outside, I asked why he doesn't put his head under and his simple reply is, "I don't like that." But he does go down the slide, splashes and sits in the water. He doesn't like the "bigger" public pools or anything that could possibly be deep.

He has been, how ever, Mr. Manners. I ask him to do something and he says, "Of course I can." Maybe honing his skills for a future career in hospitality, I'm not sure. I've heard lots of, "Oh, thank you" and "Yes, please" and "Oh yes, that would be great." Krista has a yellow sundress that is his favorite and one day she put it on and Gabriel's words to her made me laugh to tears:

Oh, Krista - you put on my favorite dress for you. You look so pretty in that dress. I love you in that dress! (all while approaching her for a big hug)


I think his removal from chocolate has help ease some of the crazy out of him. He still gets a good sugar rush with non-chocolate treats, but not nearly to epic levels.

No comments: