Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nap Time

Nap time is usually my refuge. A time for an adult time-out from my little angels. Some days Krista will be asleep in her room after a few minutes, those are the good days. Other days, she will not go to sleep at all.

This weekend, Josh put Krista down for her nap and shut the door. I finished feeding Gabriel and got him asleep and crept into their bedroom. There was Krista, sitting up on her bed and singing to her babies. Josh had forgotten to shut the blinds, so the sun was blaring in and brightening up the room. I laid Gabriel in his crib, pulled the blinds shut and told Krista to lay down to take a nap. Krista continued to talk and sing in her room. After a while I thought she might have gone to sleep and opened her door to peek in. Where was Krista? Not in her bed. Not on the floor by her bed. Not in the closet. "Krista, where are you?" All of a sudden, a smiling, toddler face peeks her head out from under Gabriel's crib. "Hi, Mommy!"

Ok, I guess nap time's over for today.

No comments: