Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Old Man and the Brow

I'm living with a classic, old man. What I mean to say is my husband already has some classic, old man characteristics. OK, well... he had one, at least, that was pestering me. It bothered me so much that I had to take care of it last night.

He had two, very long, scraggly, old-man eye brow hairs. Josh loved these brows and professed them to be "distinguished." They were all I could focus on anymore, not even his clear blue eyes could capture my interest with those brows staring at me. The future picture of us as grandparents was a vision of me standing next to my old husband, whose white, scraggly eye brows covered his eyelids.

I convinced him that it would be better if they were gone. He protested as if I were Delilah cutting his strength off. But, I persisted and am now content to look into his eyes and not worry that the creatures in his eye brows were going to attack.

No comments: