Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Special Gnome's Demise

It was a sad day yesterday. A scene of epic proportions, so traumatizing that I can barely type the words...

As I pulled the car into the driveway, after going to the library for toddler-time, I immediately noticed that something was wrong. I slammed on the brakes and rushed to the scene of the accident. I was too late; however, he was a goner. Our very special gnome, who has been guarding our front door for years, is no longer. The gnome was no match for the windy, gusty spring day. It must have taken one big gust to push the gnome swiftly off his feet. His face slammed into the concrete and cracked his skull open. His hat came fully off his head and pieces were scattered everywhere. It was a sad day indeed.

Here's to you gnome, we loved and feared you equally - you were a very powerful being taken down by a very powerful wind.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I am sorry for your loss.