Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dude, Where's My Kid?

Krista is spending the night at Grandma's house and living it up as a princess (to be spoiled completely). It's weird how different it is with just one less child in the house. Dinner was quieter, only one child I had to keep telling to eat his food. Bedtime flew by, only one child to get in pj's and teeth brushed... the dynamic was completely different. It was easier, but very disconcerting.

Driving home after dropping her off, I got the feeling that I forgot a kid on accident. I had to keep reminding myself that she was gone on purpose. It gets so ingrained, this internal count and "tabs" that I keep. Heck, sometimes I do it when all the kids are in the car - did I remember the baby? Of course, I always do - it's just one of those things Mom's do when they worry about their kids. Or maybe I'm just weird, but I'm cool with that, too.

No comments: