Saturday, August 2, 2008

Like Sailors

Today Josh and I got some alone time for a date out. A mere 4 1/2 hour seperation from our children and it was needed. Especially after the last few days of cranky Gabriel, who is teething and not sleeping well through the night, and a sick Krista, who was up all night a couple nights ago being sick, "in my bed, mommy." Even though she was, "so sorry, mommy" (trying to make me feel better when she was just sick) - it was nice having a few adult hours in the day. Thank you Grandma and Grandpa!

Josh and I took the time to eat lunch at BW3's and watch a matinee movie (the new Mummy flick, which I advise waiting for on video - if at all). But, we had the most fun cursing like sailors in the car for the fun of it. We unleashed and had no toddler filter on our dirty mouths. I can't believe something so silly and simple was so much fun. I have no problem with the filter, normally, I think it was just the mindset that we were free to do whatever - even if it was only for a few hours.

No comments: