Thursday, July 17, 2008

Adult Supervision

Let me start out by saying, I am by no means overly overprotective of my kids. Well, maybe I am compared to the parents I've seen on my day to day activities. I guess I just don't understand how a parent can just let their small child go off on their own without any adult supervision. I guess my thought is: If I were able to snatch this child without anyone knowing, any weirdo out there could. And it happens everywhere. I see it in my neighborhood, small children under the age of 6 riding their bikes in the street - no parents in sight. I saw one 7 year old pulling on the arm of a 3 year old who was trying to run out into a busy street - no parents in sight. Oh, don't get me started on McDonalds (or any other child friendly food establishment). It's like they go there and just let them loose. They run down the aisle's, screaming at the top of their lungs - no parents in sight. I've even seen it at the library. Just because it's the kids area, doesn't mean you can let you 2 year old "browse" by themselves. I guess I just thought keeping an eye on your child was part of the job description of "parent". Ok, done venting now.

No comments: