Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Me At Home

Being a stay-at-home mom can be challenging and rewarding... boring and yet, there are hardly any "free" moments. I was in the working world from the time I was 16 to the day Krista was born. I was used to organizing my work to get the most done at once. I grew accustomed to getting extrinsic rewards like promotions, raises and bonuses. Things are completely different when you have no boss and no pay and no adult time. Right now, there's a lot of sitting and "playing" (or entertaining baby) time. Playing with a headstrong toddler who changes her mind at the drop of a hat. I will never get a promotion, no matter how entertained or well behaved my children are. So I tend to do other things to fill that void. I ebay when we have stuff to sell. I mystery shop when I can. I take a lot of pictures and edit them. And now, I keep this blog. These things keep my adult mind working until I reenter the workforce in the future. There are some things that work could never give me though - like never missing a "new" moment in my kids lives. And the endless hugs, kisses and thank you's are enough reward for a proud parent like me.

No comments: