Friday, July 25, 2008

The Amazing Ansel

Ansel (our lovely, hair-ball dog) gets on my nerves several times throughout the day. He excels in growling at other dogs barking, barking at other dogs barking, running under my legs when I am attempting to walk, eating his own poo, jumping on Gabriel who is sitting on the floor, leaving hair ALL over the house, and being a general pain. Ansel has problems eating his dog food (I think he may be anorexic.. but not sure how the poo eating plays into this), laying contently in one spot, walking quietly on hardwood floors, letting people walk by our house without barking, and keeping himself clean. Of course, I blame my husband, who picked out this barking, crazy furball. But, he can't take all the blame. I did agree to purchase this pure-bred Shetland Sheepdog at the pet store. His beady little brown eyes and helpless demeanor as a puppy lured me into the trap. Now that I'm home all day, he just drives me crazy. I love the dog, but I don't like him too much. But, as much as I don't like him, I agree with the dog whisperer who says - it's the owners fault he's that way to begin with!

No comments: